Friday 28 October 2011

Music ~

I can usually be seen with my ipod blaring into my ears.What a cell phone is to most people nowadays, that is what my ipod is to me. I can definitely say that music inspires me and my work. I own nothing or the below, they are just a teeny tiny (seriously...itty bitty) sample of what i am currently caught up in listening to:


'Lullaby' by 'Midnight Syndicate'.

From the album 'The Dead Mater: Cemetery Gates'. Midnight Syndicate seem to create mainly, atmospheric music and its very appropriate for Halloween and ooky spooky times. It also fits in quite well with my project haha!




'What is Eternal?' by 'Trans-Siberian Orchestra'.

"From their album 'Beethoven's Last Night'. The album tells the fictional story of Ludwig van Beethoven on the last night of his life, as the devil, Mephistopheles, comes to collect his soul. With the help of Fate and her son Twist, Beethoven unwittingly tricks the devil and is allowed to keep his soul which he had thought lost, but that the devil had no claim on." - quote Wikipedia




'黒のリリアナ' by 'u2'

And not Bono's 'U2. Translated, the name of the song is 'Black Liliana'. It is a background music track from a Japanese visual novel called Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When The Seagulls Cry). I love nearly all the music from the series, but this one is one of my personal favorites. I love this classical-trance music ~ ♥




2 comments:

  1. I love Japanese video game soundtracks... This piece reminds me of Falcom's stuff, cult developer. It also reminds me this song for some reason: http://youtu.be/4byuCttM0Po It's much more upbeat though.

    Really cool work BTW, I love Silent Hill 2 so I think it's a very cool subject matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @igorbrodecki
    ゚ヮ゚ Thanks for your comment! It really surprised me. That song 'Heart of Witch' was really great, I just had to get it! It sounded a lot like the music from 'Umineko no Naku Koro ni' when the witches were up to no good!

    ReplyDelete